Managed DNS is a very handy tool for managing your Domain Name System. We are all conscious of the importance of DNS. There would be no Internet without it! Nonetheless, the common question is, should it go beyond the minimum? Yes, if you want to improve the resolution of your domain, it is advisable to implement a Managed DNS service. But why this is necessary, we will see today in our article.
What does Managed DNS mean?
Managed DNS is a very convenient service that allows you to manage your DNS data. It is mostly offered by specialized firms, also known as hosting companies. When you choose a provider and, therefore, the right plan for you, you will access their servers. In fact, thanks to them, you will be able to manage your data, namely to implement Managed DNS.
The benefits of Managed DNS
There are many profits to using Managed DNS. Between them are:
- Get the best software – You can take advantage of the best infrastructure – the safest, most modern, and efficient software and hardware to limit the chance of failure.
- Security for your Business – Part of your chosen provider’s duties is to monitor DNS attacks (e.g., DDoS attacks). This means they can analyze traffic and detect suspicious activities. They can then take further action to protect your DNS.
- Global presence – DNS companies operate massive DNS networks to offer customers broad points of presence (PoPs) around the world. What does this mean? When you choose a provider and pay to be hosted on such a network (not just one server), you improve your service’s quality and response time. This ensures that your customers will have fast and consistent access to your website no matter where they are.
- Low-cost service – Quality DNS providers have solid and stable networks. This means that you can access their complete infrastructure by getting their service. So even an expensive plan will undoubtedly be cheaper than setting up your DNS from zero.
How to choose the best DNS provider?
Choosing the best and most reliable provider is not an easy task. That’s why I’ll give you a few tips when making your choice.
- Please take a good look at what they offer and whether they support the DNS zones you require. You don’t want to buy a package that doesn’t include the access points you need.
- Check for additional DNS services and advanced features such as DDoS protection, Secondary DNS, Round-Robin, Vanity DNS, etc. As previously mentioned, it is extremely important to have good infrastructure and security. This means that you need to be protected in the case of a DDoS attack.
- Choose a provider with a good reputation. Frequently, the less expensive plans which hosting companies offer are unreliable. So, don’t be swayed by price, but rather by the reputation and quality of the providing services. Furthermore, ensuring 24/7 customer service in the event of a problem is always a plus.
As you can see, there are many advantages to using Managed DNS. So, we can conclude that this is one small component of the Domain Name System, which is often overlooked but extremely important. You can more easily control your DNS and protect your business from any possible attacks by using it.